- Regions: JPN/ US/ EU/ AUS/ KOR
- Console bundle / standalone release
- Rarity: Common
- Release dates:
- JPN: November 21st 2001
- US: November 18th 2001
- EU: May 3rd 2002
- AUS: May 17th 2002
- KOR: December 14th 2002*
- Retail Prices (standalone):
- JPN: 2,500¥
- US: $34.95 – $24.95
- EU: €39.95 – €34.95
- AUS: $49.95 aud
- KOR: ?
- Black cable, length: 2m
- Internals variations: Legacy T1 / T1 / T2 / T2 T / T3
- Stamp variations: Blank / CE / CE• / • / Made in Japan CE• / Made in Japan • / DOL-002 (BRA)
Full body black shell with matching plug and a white “Nintendo GameCube” logo. It was released in console bundles with a matching console and as a standalone accessory worldwide.
- On May 14th 2002, Nintendo announced that it would reduce the retail price of the standalone Indigo, Jet Black, Spice Orange and Indigo/Clear GameCube controller in the US from $34.95 to $24.95.
- This markdown also took place in Europe less than two weeks after the console’s release, from €39.95 to €34.95 for the Indigo, Jet Black and Indigo/Clear standalone GameCube controllers.
- *About the South Korean release date: The GameCube was released in South Korea on December 14th 2002, so I assume the standalone Jet Black was released on the same date.
- The Jet Black controller has the most internals and stamp variations, tied with the Indigo controller.