- Regions: JPN/ EU
- Club Nintendo reward program standalone release
- Rarity: Rare
- Release dates:
- JPN: July 20th 2004
- EU: July 11th 2005*
- Club Nintendo Prices:
- JPN: 500P
- EU: 3500 Stars (VIP 24:7)
- Black cable, length: 2m
- Internals variations: T3
- Stamp variations: CE•
Red top shell and blue bottom shell, with a red plug and a white “M” logo. It was released as a standalone accessory through the Club Nintendo reward program in Japan and the VIP 24:7 reward program in Europe.
- This controller is themed around Mario, a character from the Mario franchise.
- This controller was redeemable through the Club Nintendo reward program in Japan with 500P, roughly the price of 10 games.
- Here’s the original listing from Club Nintendo from which you could order the Mario GameCube controller: https://web.archive.org/web/20040710090359/http://www.nintendo.co.jp/club/present_etc/p14.html
- To confirm the purchase to their customers, Club Nintendo sent a white and blue certificate ahead of the delivery of the prize. This certificate was often lost, and so a full set is hard to come by. See the certificate with its translation provided by Shairn below.
- It was also available in Europe through the VIP 24:7 reward program for 3500 stars, roughly the price of 14 games.
- It was released in August 10th 2005 in Belgium, but it was available earlier in other countries, as early as July 11th 2005. My main source is a belgian forum thread.